Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Slowly Improving. =)


News Bits:

*One small brown furry dog has been to the Vet and now has purple feet and a white Lampshade like contraption on her head. Photos Coming soon.
*The car has broken down due to damaged front breaks. think we get it back on friday 26th.
*YAY it’s my birthday on Saturday and I am Dragging some friends to x-men 3. (they may resist =) )
*Acrylic painting has been rediscovered in the Celtic dragon studio and a learning curve has been established, photos to follow.
*Plans have been made to get back into Life Drawing, as I feel I need to get the practice in, although in the meantime I am thinking of going into town on sat am and drawing random pedestrians who will hopefully be unaware. A coffee shop may be involved somewhere here if it rains.
*watercolor sketches are in progress to get me back into the swing of things and so I can
finally get Urd's painting finished (am feeling v guilty its taken so long)
*Considering applying for a place in a 5 week Course run at the Ulster university which
seems to want to help start up your business or at least help you help yourself start up.... I feel I need to read more on this before progressing any further.

In general life is getting better, for a while there I felt EVERYTHING was jinxed but I realized that all needed was to concentrate or focus on an objective, what exactly I want to do. I want to improve and I want to make my art profitable or at the very least to pay for itself, in order to do that I feel I have to be more single minded and paint/create more regularly and professionally. Since I graduated I have been applying for any graphics post I see which fits my qualifications, sadly I am faced with catch 22. they all want experience, how do you get experience when all the starter jobs are looking for you to already have experience.
A tricky one methinks.
So any suggestions are welcome, particularly if they are constructive. =)

No comments: