Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Redecorating Trauma

Apoligies for the lack of updates I have been delayed because of my dog. this sounds, I know, like the traditional 'the dog ate my homework' so I shall explain. We have 2 dogs, both are rescued hounds, the first one is Sam who has a few portraits in my gallery here and is exceptionally well behaved, he is my mums dog (naturally) then more recently my mum heard about another dog who needed a home and knew I wanted a 2nd dog, enter Rosie. Now Rosie is a wonderful dog and everyone loves her on sight, she and sam are inseperable and devoted to each other but in no way could you say she is well behaved. so far the most noteable of her destructive fits have occoured when we are out, and this has cost us the hall carpet and 1/2 of the kitchen lino (shredded) ironically even if given dog chews she prefers the lino.This means that I have spent all my spare time and money for the last 2 weeks redecorating the hall and attempting to dogproof our flat. yet I still adore my dog, she is too cute not to adore her, and she is getting better as we have been letting sam set an example and are nearing success with the whole house training idea (btw she is a very small mongrel who looks like an Alsation which has been hit with a shrink ray) The whole exercise has put me extreemly behind schedule on several personal pieces such as updating and improving my website and working on my proposed webcomic (to be) Our hallway actually looks better for the face lift and now has sanded and stained wood floors (also waterproofed) which should hopefully be less appitising to Rosie. Anyway thankyou for your patience and I'll be back soon.

No comments: