Saturday, November 07, 2009

Work in progress. Witch from Dr Sketchys.

Based on this sketch from Dr Sketchys,



I have drawn up an ink outline on watercolour paper, below is the first layers of watercolour on the sketch.


The blue is actually a base for a black wash as I feel it helps give a bit of texture to the black.



Her hair was supposed to be black aswell, however I decided that would make the overall image a little too harsh so purple it was.




While I like the way the painting turned out I was a bit disapointed to have lost a bit of the feel from the sketch.





Also I haven't yet decided if I want some dark clouds behind her for a little more atmosphere. Suggestions and comments are always welcome :)
Back again soon.






-- Post From iPhone. Don't you just love technology!

No comments: